Coco Cubana @ Kings Cross, Sydney

I'm a morning person. Usual morning call is 7am and it seems like the coffee cranking somewhere sends a buzzing wake-up call to me. Though my body and brain wasn't entirely functional at that time, my taste buds were already up and craving for the golden black liquid.


Walking along Kings Cross, there were quite a few cafes around, but one definitely caught my eye since day one in Sydney--Coco Cubana. A Cuban-themed coffee place with dark wood, heavily-leathered (and battered) sofa chairs, and tables with tops that seemed to look like finished with heavy stains of reds, maroons and browns. Oh, and, of course, the dim lights for the final effect.


Simple food. Apricot danish. Simple coffee. Skinny latte. Thank goodness that their coffee wasn't burnt. Surprisingly, one of the better coffees I've had since I came to Sydney. The first day where I had my coffee was considered terrible for me (I won't mention the name of the cafe...for now).


Comments