Hunger Pangs: Pacific BBQ Cafe, Lonsdale Street

By the looks of this place, this really isn't a cafe in anyway at all by Melbourne standards and, yes, it is a Chinese Restaurant. I think there are 3 or more branches of Pacific BBQ Cafe in Melbourne, all by 7PM will be swamped with people, Aussies and Asians alike, who like their roasts tasty and fast.

I've been to Pacific BBQ three times since I've been here, first of which was an attempt to go to the Greek Precinct to have dinner, but surprisingly, there's a Chinese Resto along the area. Weird that the Greek community did not object to it.

My usual order is the Roast Duck with Dried Noodles. I've had it for three times also, not wanting to order anything else from the long list of menu. Most of the people who go there also order their roast items and you can have it on rice, noodle soup or dry noodles. The roast duck here has been arguably the best in Melbourne, because of its crispy skin, soft tasty meat, glossy exterior reeking with duck fat and the smell. Yes, roast duck can smell good too.

So I hurried to the Lonsdale Street branch where I had my first taste of the roast duck wonder and ordered my usual. I took it home and quickly took a few shots at it with the broth and devoured it with gusto. (Wasn't able to finish the soup and noodles but the duck was not spared).


As far as taste is concerned, I'm sure that there are better versions of roast duck in Melbourne, but I believe that the best is yet to come...maybe in another country, say, China?

Comments